Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Barcelona

Here's part II of our trip.  Here's Part I, and here's just a couple of my favorite pictures that I posted last week 

After a few days in London, we flew to Barcelona.  I panicked a little at the airport, looking at the signs.  I read Spanish reasonably well, but the signs weren't making any sense to me.  I thought my Spanish was much rustier than what I expected.  Then I realized that most of the signs were in Catalan.  Phew.  Not quite so rusty!  Even though it's a Spanish dialect, reading the signs really threw me for a bit. 

I loved Barcelona.  It is a really beautiful city.  We walked all over the city...and only got a little lost! 

La Rambla

La Sagrada Familia

Palau Nacional/ Montjuïc

Estadi Olímpic in the reflection, Montjuïc

La Boqueria

Columbus Monument


Parc Güell

Parc Güell and La Sagrada Familia were designed by Antoni Gaudí.  Look him up if you want to see some seriously funky architecture.  Parc Güell was really fun.  

Parc Güell

Parc Güell

and maybe my favorite Barcelona picture, also Parc Güell:



1 comment:

Carolyn Howell said...

These are incredible. To see my goofy iphoto pics you would think we were on totally different trips! xoxo