Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Gift Wrapping Ideas #1: Origami Boxes

I am a little bit particular about wrapping gifts. I love wrapping, but it definitely brings out the perfectionist streak. I am always looking for fun and creative ways to make my gifts a little prettier. This year I had quite a few little presents to wrap, so I decided to make origami boxes for them. I think I have made about 10 boxes so far, but here are two of my faves.

There are lots of tutorials out there on how to fold these, but you can find a good video tutorial HERE. There's another pretty good photo tutorial HERE. I learned to fold them a little differently, but they end up the same in the end. I used patterned paper for the top of the box and cardstock for the bottom to make it a little sturdier.

Super easy! (Plus it's a great way to put a dent in my stash of scrapbook paper--then I can tell my husband that I NEED more! :)
My little girl helped me pick out the paper for this smaller one for my 12 year old sister. She told me that there had to be pink and that we had to use "sparkly" ribbon.

This week I'll post a few more easy ideas for making your gifts a little more personal with creative wrapping.

1 comment:

Carolyn and Lane said...

So sweet. All kinds of possibilities. Have fun. xoxo