Monday, December 21, 2009

Gift Wrapping Ideas #2: Papier-mâché Boxes

I had a few boxes left over from my Advent Calendar so I used them for some small gifts.

First, I painted the boxes with the same red (Apple Barrel "Burgundy") that I used on my calendar. Then I measured the sides and the top and cut some cute Christmas scrapbook paper just smaller than my measurements and adhered it to the sides and top with Mod Podge. Gotta love that stuff!

It looked a little boring so I used a brown ink pad and inked the edges of the paper, as well as the exposed edges of the box.

I put a coat of Mod Podge over the entire thing, inside and out.




Then I found some scraps of matching ribbon and tied some gift tags that I had made onto the ribbon with a little thread. I ended up inking the tag as well because it looked a little stark next to the box. This was a super easy project (like most of mine) that made those small gifts a little more special. I want to make a bunch more, but since I have no more gifts to wrap, I guess I'll have to stop (at least for now)!

2 comments:

Carolyn and Lane said...

Lucky me! I love the box and the earrings you made that I found resting inside. xoxo

Sheri said...

We all LOVED our boxes and the tags added the perfect touch. You are my inspiration. ;-)