Thursday, April 24, 2008

The Book Thief

I have been reading like crazy this week and have read 3 books within a week, one of them being The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. This is an awesome book. I was a little lost in the first couple of chapters, and had to re-read them, but after that it was great. It is very cleverly written and the choice of narrator is one of my favorite things about it. I think that it is the first book that has ever made me cry. It is a very moving book. Definitely a little different from the other 2 that I read this week, one being Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (good, but LONG), and Around the World in 80 Days by Jules Verne (also pretty good, especially funny to me was the part when they go through Utah on the railroads and meet the Mormon Elder. Cracked me up.) Next on the list is Cold Mountain by Charles Frazier. I have a long car trip tomorrow so I may have that one finished sometime this weekend, if I can get my husband to drive!



1 comment:

Andy & Alicia said...

Mrs. Cochran where are you going next week? To Blanding? I love to read too, but I never know which books to read, and plus I don't know how to use the library. (is that sad)